Are you suffering from hypertension? It is a common condition in which the long-term force of the blood against your artery walls is very high which may further lead to many other health problems. Modern life style factors such as salt rich diets, physical in activity, alcohol, tobacco etc can be responsible for hypertension. It is very important to understand hypertension which would help you to take proper treatment.
You can go for online medical consultation if you have any queries related to hypertension or any other medical problems. Apart from this they also provide all the information related to hair such as hair transplant in Bangalore and cost of hair transplant in Bangalore which will help you get the right treatment that too within your vicinity.
What is hypertension?
- Hypertension is also known as high blood pressure.
- Blood pressure higher than 140 over 90 mmHg(milli meters of mercury)
- Hypertension can lead to narrowing of blood vessels.
- Consumption of salt rich diets, alcohol etc can also lead to hypertension
What are the types of hypertension?
The two major types of hypertension includes
- Primary hypertension: It is one of the most common types of hypertension. About 90-95% people are considered to have primary hypertension. It has no obvious cause.
- Secondary hypertension: about 5-10% are considered to have this type of hypertension. It is often caused by reversible factors and is curable sometimes. Factors such as chronic kidney diseases, tumours, medication etc can cause secondary hypertension.
Blood pressure can be improved with the change in lifestyle and good dietary plan. This can also reduce health complications. Patients suffering from high blood pressure should take immediate treatment.
The other types of hypertension include
- White coat hypertension.
- Malignant hypertension
- White coat hypertension
- Resistant hypertension.
Genes is one of the main reasons of hypertension. Aging leads to rise in blood pressure and thus variation in blood pressure can be identified. Lack of exercise and huge intake of salt can lead to hyper tension.
Complex interaction of genes and environmental factors can also result in hypertension. The genetic basis of hypertension is not properly understood, however many genetic variants with small effects on blood pressure and some rare genetic variants with large effect on blood pressure have been identified.
Deficiency of vitamin D and consumption of caffeine has an important role in increasing hypertension. Obesity can contribute towards hypertension. The exact reason of primary hypertension is not yet clear, however the causes of secondary hypertension can be known. Disease related to kidney is one of the most common problems. Causes of secondary hypertension also include sleep apnea, pregnancy.
Be careful if you feel that your blood pressure is too high or low, as it may be the sign of hypertension. It is found that about 30% of Americans suffer from pre hypertension.
What is Systolic blood pressure?
Your heart contracts and pushes blood through the arteries when your heart beats. This action creates pressure on arteries which is known as systolic blood pressure. A normal systolic blood pressure is below 120.A person is suffering from pre hypertension, if it ranges from 120-139.
What is Diastolic blood pressure?
The number of normal diastolic blood pressure is less than 80. If it’s between 80 and 89 indicates pre hypertension. If it is 90 or above, it is considered to be hypertension.
Pre hypertension: – The top analyzing in pre –hypertension ranges from 120mm, Hg – 139 mmHg, and the bottom analyzing goes from 80mmHg to 89 mmHg. Pre hypertension may be the sign of ahead caution causing high blood pressure.
Who is at risk for pre hypertension?
Adults above 18 years of old are more likely to suffer from hypertension. Cardiovascular disease can increase the risk of pre hypertension among the people.
What are the symptoms of pre hypertension?
Organs of the human body are most affected in high blood pressure. Following problems may arise if Pre hypertension has exceeded its level:-
- Heart may stop reacting
- A high wall arises in the artery.
- You may get heart stroke or heart attack as the blood vessels in the kidney start getting narrow. Arteries should be maintained properly as the heart creates maximum pressure, this will help smooth flow of blood throughout the body.
- Problem in vision, due to damage in blood vessels. It may also lead to bleeding further causing blindness.
How is hypertension diagnosed?
Your doctor will diagnose hypertension by using a blood pressure monitor which helps to measure your blood pressure. This records your systolic blood pressure (SBP), the top number and your diastolic blood pressure (DBP) which is also known as the bottom number.
Your doctor may look into your family history and risk factors and also perform a physical exam in order to make a diagnosis.
How to maintain a healthy blood pressure level?
Following steps should be taken to maintain the healthy blood pressure
- Maintain a good body weight.
- Eat fruits, vegetables, and low fat dairy products
- Reduce the intake of salt.
- Include aerobics exercise in daily routine at least 30mins a day.
- Consumption of alcohol should be minimized; it is always prescribed to go for lighter weight alcohol, normally 1 drink for women and 2 drinks for men.
How to prevent Healthy blood pressure?
- Adults should always try to maintain normal body weight.
- Avoid excessive intake of sodium. It should not be more than 100 mmol/day
- Include aerobioc activity in daily routine
- Consume healthy food
- Hypertension in new born babies, particularly the ones requiring extensive care, is increasingly recognized, with prevalence of 0.2-3%.